I. Central Sector Schemes/ CSS
1. National Food Security Mission: National Food Security Mission was launched in 2007-08 to increase the production of rice, wheat and pulses by 10, 8 and 2 million tonnes, respectively by the end of XI Plan through area expansion and productivity enhancement; restoring soil fertility and productivity; creating employment opportunities; and enhancing farm level economy. The Mission is being continued during 12th Five Year Plan with new target of additional production of 25 million tonnes of food grains comprising of 10 million tonnes rice, 8 million tonnes of wheat, 4 million tonnes of pulses and 3 million tonnes of coarse cereals by the end of XII Plan.
2. Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana: Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) aims to safeguard the health of women & children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG, so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander in unsafe areas collecting firewood. The scheme was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on May 1st, 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. Under this scheme, 5 Cr LPG connections will be provided to BPL families with a support of Rs.1600 per connection in the next 3 years.
II. State Schemes
1. Strengthening of Aamar Dukans: Amar Dukan is an Assamese term meaning 'Our Shop' to denote a notified Fair Price Shop in Assam which, besides providing the regular subsidized items under the Public Distribution System in India to the ration card holders, also sells some other essential commodities at reasonable rates fixed by the state Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department to the general consumers under an initiative of the state government to strengthen the Public Distribution System (PDS). The govt has envisages to strengthen the ‘Aamar Dukan’ concept and to make it more enterprising and economically viable by tying up with wholesalers from both within and outside the State so that the consumers get the items at a nominal price.
2.Amar Dukan on Wheels: The Government proposes to introduce new module of “Aamar Dukan” namely “AAMAR DUKAN ON WHEELS” in the same line of the existing ‘Aamar Dukan’. Under the new module 22 Non-PDS items (which may increase to 36) will be delivered to the doorstep of the consumer at below MRP with minimum profit margin. Eco-friendly E-rickshaws will be used as the transportation mode under the Scheme. Through this scheme Government plans to promote cashless transaction as the E-Rickshaws will have a GPS enabled smart phone, Bluetooth billing printer which will be connected to the smart phone. The basic objective of the Scheme Aamar Dukan on Wheels is to control price of essential commodities by avoiding the middle man.
3. Setting up of Price Stabilization Fund: The Price Stabilization Fund (PSF) was set up in 2014-15 under the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Famers Welfare (DAC&FW) to help regulate the price volatility of important agri-horticultural commodities like onion, potatoes and pulses were also added subsequently. The scheme provides for maintaining a strategic buffer of aforementioned commodities for subsequent calibrated release to moderate price volatility and discourage hoarding and unscrupulous speculation.
4. Financial assistance to BPL families for domestic gas connection: Subsidized provision of LPG connections to BPL households will ensure maximum coverage across the country, thereby reducing reliance on solid fuels.
5. Fair Price Shop Automation: End-to-End Computerization of TPDS (Targeted Public Distribution System) encompasses the process of allocation of food grains, storage, beneficiary identification and management of delivery of food grains to beneficiaries.