I. Central Sector Scheme
1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana(PMJDY) was launched on 28th August 2014 as the comprehensive National Mission for Financial Inclusion, with the objective of providing all citizens with a basket of financial products. These include universalization of basic banking access for all households to start with and then all adult individuals, access to social security through micro-insurance and unorganized sector pension and access to micro-credit for exigency and livelihood to escape the clutches of usurious money-lending. 14232903 number of accounts opened till date.
2. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) scheme is a life insurance scheme, renewable from year to year, offering coverage of Rs. 2 lakh, at a premium of Rs. 330 per annum for death due to any reason. The scheme is available to people in the age group of 18 to 50 years (life cover up to age 55) having a savings bank account who give their consent to join and enable auto-debit. Achievement 858841 enrolment in banks.
3. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) scheme is a highly affordable risk coverage of Rs. 2 lakh for accidental death and permanent total disability and Rs. 1 lakh for permanent partial disability, at a premium of just Rs. 12 per year payable through auto-debit from subscribers' bank-account. The scheme is available to people in the age group 18 to 70 years with a savings bank account who give their consent to join and enable auto-debit. State level achievements- 2123245 enrolment.
4. Atal Pension Yojana:Atal Pension Yojana (APY), a pension scheme for workers in the unorganised sector like personal maids, drivers, gardeners etc, was launched in June 2015 by the government. This social security scheme was introduced as a replacement to previous government's Swavalamban Yojana NPS Lite, which wasn't well accepted by people. State level achievements- 218664 enrolment in banks.
II. State Schemes
1. ApunGhar: The Government of Assam has initiated a housing scheme known as ApunGhar Home Loan scheme to provide home loan for state government employee on subsidized interest rates. Assam Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with State Bank of India to provide housing loan for the beneficiaries under this scheme. In this article, we look at the ApunGhar home loan scheme in detail. At state level 24412 applications distributed and sanctioned for 18264 nos with Rs.1716.80 cr disbursement.
2. Bidya Lakshmi: IT based Student Financial Aid Authority to administer and monitor Scholarship as well Educational Loan Schemes, through the Pradhan Mantri Vidya Lakshmi Karyakram.
3. Computerisation of all State Treasury Offices
4. Financial assistance @Rs.5000 to small and marginal farmers, 25% contribution of unpaid loan amount, interest subsidy- related to farmers.